A Tree Grows in Bakersfield, Jackpot and a legion of beads...


I put up my Christmas tree in my office and hung my ornaments on it. All the little old ladies from the Friends of the Library oohed and aahed over them. They're so nice. And they give me money for my library. Love and money - what more could I want from a job?

We got another huge donation of great paperbacks today. I love the old-fashioned romance books - the chaste and not-so-chaste ones. I call them "Lust in the Dust" books, but my co-worker calls them "Heaving Bosom, Throbbing Member" books. Oh my. Anyway, they should make some nice ornaments, too. It's just such a shame that I only have a little bit of time at night to do them. (I've recently started a goal of exercising five days/week and it really cuts into crafting time!)












But I was able to finish much of my special order beads. Hurray! It always feels good to finish big projects. I will be glad to start work on some other bead phrases I want to do. Many pirate things and book-related phrases, too. Tee hee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Folded Books - by Heather Hajek Eddy

How to Fold Wedding Hearts