Contemplation


Those talking-to's my bosses gave me last week have gotten me to thinking about similar incidents I've had over the years. So many of the rough spots I've been in in life have stemmed from times when I've acted in the same way. In other words, I'm seeing myself in a new light and it ain't a pretty sight.

I talk too much. I'm many other things besides this that I'll never share in my blog - it's hard enough to share them with myself. I read a passage in my latest favorite books that sums up a quality I never valued before, but am doing so now:

" You have a grand gift of silence, Watson," said he. " It makes you quite invaluable as a companion."

And there is a scripture from the New Testament about Mary where she took all these things and pondered them in her heart.

I wonder what would happen if I were quieter...

Comments

RoMo said…
It is a gift, being able to keep your mouth shut. And it makes people wonder what you're thinking.
Holly said…
I never thought you talked too much. I tend get quiet around people, and I have had plenty of complaints that it makes them feel like I'm judging them. People don't want silence; they want you to ask them things so they can talk about themselves. You're fine and lovely and the jerks who made you feel otherwise are just venting at the only person who actually WILL talk to them!

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Folded Books - by Heather Hajek Eddy

How to Fold Wedding Hearts