A-Templing We Will Go

On Friday, Brian and I both were fortunate enough to have time off from work to go to the temple for the first time in months... Since my work schedule changed to every Friday and Saturday, we haven't been able to go. But I was off by 1pm and we were in the car cruising down the highway by 2pm.

The grapevine is the mountainous area south of Bakersfield that you have to go through to reach LA. I love the geological structures - you can see how the earth has been in major upheaval (when is our next earthquake? Eek!). For a few months between Christmas and summertime, the mountains are vaguely green. I didn't see any wildflowers, but the colors were beautiful, nonetheless...



Rocks! I love rocks!


Look! It's us in the back of a tanker!



Here's the first peek you get of the temple from the freeway. (It's the little white tower-looking thing above the white car) It was bumper to bumper (of course it was - Friday afternoon! All the movie stars are getting up and going to their stylists to get ready for the evening!)

The best thing about the temple is the absolute peace I found while within its walls this evening. I have been so overwhelmed mentally with STUFF. While I was in the temple, performing work for my ancestors, I was able to let that all go. I was at peace. Utterly.

Goodbye temple! Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Folded Books - by Heather Hajek Eddy

How to Fold Wedding Hearts