Ever-lasting Spring

This was the sky when we returned from the beach on Saturday...

 We rarely have much of a spring in Bakersfield. It usually goes from bone-cold to skin-peeling hot in the course of about two weeks. This year is different and we have perpetual spring. I can't explain the wonder I feel each time I wake up to clouds outside my window. They are so rare that I simply gape at them. Yesterday, I looked at the upcoming weather report and announced with the same type of glee usually reserved for long-awaited pregnancies or engagements that IT'S GOING TO RAIN THIS WEEKEND.

You might just have to live here to understand.

Comments

April Hajek said…
We have switched weather. We went from cold weather to stinkin hot in about two weeks. I am so looking forward to going to San Diego this weekend, to finally escape the heat. The sad thing is that this is just the beginning of summer. We didn't have a spring this year.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Folded Books - by Heather Hajek Eddy

How to Fold Wedding Hearts