Smooth Moving


I've been experimenting with making healthy smoothies for myself and my family. One of the things that's been keeping me busy is preparing tons of fresh vegetables for the freezer. I bought a huge bag of carrots and heard that you could grow the tops in water. So, I tried it! It works! I also tossed an avocado pit in there, just for good measure.

Question for anyone who has done vegetable/fruit smoothies (no milk - lactose intolerant!): do you cook your vegetables first to make them easier on your digestive system?

Comments

Miri said…
Hey Julie - I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Please feel free to check out the rules at my blog: http://itishowyouarenot.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger-award.html Hope you're having a good day :)

PS: The pictures look awesome. Really.
Leah said…
Heather,
It's funny you should ask about smoothies today. I'm no expert, but my dear friend Gail also blogged about veggie smoothies today and she doesn't use dairy in hers. She has lots of recipies and is all about sharing. Here's her blog: http://arohaphotography.com/ She's also LDS, lives in San Jose, is from New Zealand is is one of the kindest and most creative and capable people I know. I'm sure she'd love to trade smoothie secrets with you :) Hope this helps, Leah aka ninjapony
Wongeee said…
Nope to cooking veggies here in Castro Valley, CA. We prefer the fresh taste. We do a lot of carrots with apples, oranges and pears. Haven't tried any other veggies in our smoothies.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Folded Books - by Heather Hajek Eddy

How to Fold Wedding Hearts