Future Library Programming with String Art


Yesterday my supervisor asked me to do a teen program this summer. I offered to do string art. I showed her my blog (eeps!) and was given permission to look for stuff we had at the library on hand to make up a prototype.

I found four boxes of thumbtacks from fifty years ago down in the basement. I found craft thread in the children's workroom (friendship bracelet activity?) and I'd brought a book from home to play with during breaks.

I decided to string three different layers and this is the result... She liked it!

Comments

Unknown said…
I like it too! I have drawn a lot of these when I was young, but haven't worked much with string. I think I will have to now!
Thank you for the inspiration!
Rikke

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Folded Books - by Heather Hajek Eddy

How to Fold Wedding Hearts