A Girl, A Hammer and a Screwpunch

I was pulling requested books at the main library the other day when I came across a book of string art. Remember that horrific 70s craft? Well, this book actually had some beautiful examples of string art. I have been mulling it over in my mind about how to do it with books. Why not use books as the foundation for the nails and string instead of wood? Duh, paper is made of WOOD!

Anyway, here is my second attempt at working on this project. Yes, I know I'm supposed to be making folded book hearts, but I'm just not in the mood for that. (I think I do best when it's not the right holiday for something.)

Here's how it looks so far...


I only have time to work on it a bit each day...

Comments

Nancy said…
I can't wait to see this project. I enjoy doing spirelli which is string art at its simpliest form.

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Folded Books - by Heather Hajek Eddy

How to Fold Wedding Hearts