Monday, September 17, 2012
In addition to little books, I also had some long pieces cut all the way across the book from the spine. With these, I've been experimenting with different ways to fold the paper. It turns out that this particular book I cut wasn't glued very well on the spine (unlike RD books which are VERY well glued!) and the signatures fell apart and the pages began to loosen. I found I was only able to work with about five signatures at a time without them coming apart. A single fold (the long part of the "tail") turned into a double fold (the longer part of the star) and then, for effect, yet another fold for the little parts. The inside is not very symmetrical and it drives me CRAZY. I'll have to cover it up with a button or something. Still, it's cute.