|Baking soda/Cornstarch clay|
Above you will find one of the few ornaments that survived the baking soda/cornstarch batch. I made up the dough and cut out the ornaments - SO PRETTY!!! They were like porcelain. Then I tried baking some. Ouch - they bubbled the top layer and looked like terrible skin disease. Then I tried putting them in my dehydrator. They seemed to turn out perfect. But.... I hadn't let them dry enough and they cracked over the next several days. This heart one (being small - it must have dried completely in the short time I uh... dried them) made it and looks lovely. It feels fragile so I'll have Kiff decorate it and then I'll dip it so it gets a bit more strength.