This painting didn't get any better. In fact, I'm pretty sure I ruined it with the colored pencil. This all comes from trying to accommodate a HUMONGOUS stamp into my painting. From now on, it's only little paintings. At least for these super color-saturated paintings. I just can't make them do what I want over a large area of space. Now this painting will go into a sad pile to languish until I can look at it with fresh eyes and see if it is salvageable. Maybe putting some book paper over the totally awful parts will do...
I had a box of books and access to a drill press. So I drilled holes. Then I kept the box for several weeks because I didn't know what to do with them. The other night, I sewed one. Frankenstein book!
I am making a wedding bouquet of paper flowers for a friend. Here is one I made from a paint chip.
And here it is on top of the Frankenstein book.