Little Purple Houses Touched With Yellow Gold


There is a children's song we used to sing in Primary when I was little:

Little purple pansies, touched with yellow gold,
Growing in one corner of the garden old;
We are very tiny but must try, try, try
Just one spot to gladden, you and I.

In whatever corner we may chance to grow,
Whether cold or warm the wind may ever blow,
Dark the day or sunny, we must try, try, try
Just one spot to gladden, you and I.

Words: Anon.
Music: Joseph Ballantyne, 1868-1944. Arr. (c) 1989 IRI 

That's the song that kept going through my mind when I painted these little purple houses touched with yellow gold. When I first got married I, all of a sudden, LOVED the color RED. It's been nearly nine years now and I found that my original love of purple is returning. And it feels so good to get back to the me I'd known before...


Now, instead of little red houses, I'm branching out into little purple ones. Maybe some blue ones, too.

And remember, never take pictures while wearing a pink shirt - you'll get rosy glows on the pictures!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Folded Books - by Heather Hajek Eddy

How to Fold Wedding Hearts