Inspiration - Carl Larsson

Every so often I run across an artist whose work resonates within me. Carl Larsson is my latest inspiration.



I think I saw his work in an old magazine (Victoria?) and it had pictures of his home. Oh. My. Goodness!!!



He does things in his home that I've thought of doing and then thought, "oh no, that's just too different." Well, you know what? It turns out that some of the things I like are liked by people I admire. The time has really come for me to stop being afraid of being me and just let myself be.

That goes for making things, too. I get a little bogged down by Pinterest and other things because I see all these things and think, "I can do that!" Well, of course I can do that. Many people can. But sometimes it is better for me to focus on something that only I can do and maybe forego that other item or purchase it from that person.

Today I decided to treat myself to this:


Instead of chasing the beautiful things of the world and trying to hoard everything, I'm going to choose beautiful things carefully and collect a few here or there and try to remember to make my own beautiful things to share with others.

Ooh. That was almost too syrupy. Blech.

Comments

Maya said…
I loveyou`re blog, you always amaze me with your creativity ♥
Thank you!

Was searching for you`re email addy, wanted to hear if i can order some of your awesome jewelry?!
If so, please send me a mail?!
My mailaddy is on my blog ;)
Warm hugs from Maya

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Folded Books - by Heather Hajek Eddy

How to Fold Wedding Hearts